Henry and the Essays

I always love finding essays tucked in Henry's folder from school.  I usually leaf through his many papers quickly hoping to find something longer he's written.  It's a little like hitting the jackpot when I find one.  There have been some doozies since preschool, but I thought I'd share the most recent gems here:

"Dear Santa,
My name is Henry and I have been very, very good this year.  This is my Christmas wishlist... My perfect-sized own iPad, unlimited access to video games, 18 weeks off school, a new house, and 2 new cars."

I love that he thought of the family with the last two requests.  He tells me he plans to tuck the 18 weeks off of school away for high school, when he'll really need them.  His second paper was a persuasive essay, which he chose to write to his cousin:

"Dear Jaydn,
Please let me do one page of your Xtreme Dot-to-Dot book.  I'm 7 now, so I am old enough and my vision skills have improved over the age of six.  I have also became better at writing.  My identification is also very good.  I can also wright my full name in cursive."

The grammar mistakes (which he normally catches--I was surprised!) can only be evidence of writing passionately, trying to make a strong case... =)

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more