Bunny Whisperer

The other night we came home at dusk and found two or three rabbits hopping around our yard.  We pointed them out to the kids, then told them to file inside and get ready for bed.  A few minutes later, I turned around to realize Cora hadn't followed me in.  She'd been standing in the driveway watching the bunnies last I saw her.  The driveway was empty.  Nothing down by the street (what a relief).  No one in our fenced yard.  I ventured out to the "Back 40" part of the yard, and there she was, hopping around in the very back of the yard in her pink jacket, the rabbits zigzagging around her little feet.  She was completely oblivious to anyone else, and the bunnies seemed oblivious to the fact that she wasn't one of their own kind.  She was hopping for all she was worth when she finally heard me calling.  She looked completely surprised that it wasn't normal for her to be out there, hopping around with the rabbits, and that I wanted her to come in for bed.  Little bunny whisperer...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more