Bagged

I was getting Thomas and Cora ready to head to the grocery store when Thomas started going through his usual routine of trying to select a toy to take along.  He held up his blankie and said, "Can I take him?"  I told him no, because I didn't want him to get dirty.  With cold and flu season here, the thought of him snuggling with a blanket that had been dragged through all kinds of germs makes me feel like I'm coming down with something!  I thought the matter was settled, although I knew he was disappointed, and went into another room to get Cora bundled.  When I turned back around, Thomas was beaming.  He held up a ziploc bag with his blankie stuffed inside.  "Now he'll stay clean, Mom.  Can I take him?"  How could I resist an ingenious solution like that?  I swallowed any second thoughts about appearances, although I can't decide if I looked most like that over-protective mom of an asthmatic kid who bags her son's stuffed animals, or if it looked like Archie the dog was evidence in some kind of crime. Either way, Thomas was proud to have him along.  These kids keep me on my toes!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more