How It All Began

I have so many fond memories of trying on my Mom's wedding dress.  I would wear the long gown, pin the veil in my hair, and look at myself in the mirror.  I felt like royalty.  I loved the hear the little details of their wedding day, to relive as closely as I could what it must have been like.  Today Cora tried on my wedding dress.  I pinned the veil in her hair and she ran to the mirror.  She was swimming in white satin, but she loved it.  After we put the dress away, we sat down and looked at our wedding album.  I told her about the people in the pictures, she pointed out her favorite flowers.  She especially loved the pictures of her Daddy.  A wedding is not about a dress, but there's something symbolic about trying on your mother's dress, hearing the story again and again of how the family began.  This is how it all began, and continued, and goes on.







Popular Posts

Archive

Show more