We All Go To Work

Today I started a new job.  It came up somewhat unexpectedly and very suddenly, but I am thrilled.  I'm working as the temporary Health Coordinator for the university Micah's been working for.  I'm actually in the same department, which is interesting.  Obviously I can't report to him, but we've never worked at the same place before.  In fact, I haven't worked--officially, not self-employed running a shop on Etsy or writing in my free time, officially worked--in just over four years.  I'm excited--energized!--to have a real job, even if it's only "1-5 hours per week," as my job description says.  As far as part-time work goes, it will be wonderful: flexible and, for the most part, workable around Micah's schedule.  With very few exceptions, I'll be able to work when he isn't (and not spend all of his at-home time working).

At the outset, though, there will be some long hours.  Part of my responsibility will be processing students health forms to make sure they have everything they need for the school year.  With school starting in a few weeks, it's crunch time for Micah too.  So tonight we loaded the kids, picked up Happy Meals (I know, so healthy...), set up the laptop in a corner of the Student Development office, put in Wreck-It Ralph, and worked the evening away.


Not necessarily how I would want to spend every evening, but we made some great progress on our work and the kids thought it was a great treat.  In fact, as he was falling asleep, Henry asked if we could all go to work again tomorrow night...

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more