The Day We Became a Family

This evening we watched our wedding video with the kids.  They've seen it before, but it's fun to relive the moment with them.  I always love their questions and observations, changing as they get older.  They never stop asking where they are in the video, and asking if we're very sure they weren't at the wedding.

Tonight Thomas asked, "How did you become a family?"
Micah answered, "It happened that day, when we got married."
"Oh.  But how did you choose us?"
"We didn't, but we asked God for children and he chose you three."
"How did he get me down here from heaven?"
I answered, "He carried you very carefully in his hands and he set you down in my tummy."
"Oh.  And that's how we became a family?"

It is amazing, even after all these years, to think about it all.  Two very different people living two very different lives came together on one day, and their lives were forever one, joined by the children God gave them.  I will never understand the mystery of "the day we became a family," but I will love reliving it all my life.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more