TP Terrors

Micah and Cora ran some errands this evening after school. Soon after they left, Thomas asked if he could TP Cora's room, "because I've always wanted to do it for years, Mom, ever since I read about it in the Fox Trot comics." I'll be honest. I accidentally bought the same terrible toilet paper we swore we'd never buy again. The stuff lasts forever, and feels like a combination of onion skin and wrapping paper. So throwing good parenting to the wind, I said "Sure! Go crazy."

You've never seen a kid's eyes light up so completely.

"Really? You mean it? We can really TP her room?" I nodded, cautioning them to be careful with her things and warning them they'd have to help with clean up afterward. They went tearing upstairs to get to work.

I wandered up a few minutes later. I overheard them from the hallway, singing a song they'd made up about "freedom." I stood at the door and watched and laughed them as they covered her room. Thomas told me no fewer than four times that I was the best parent in the world. It's the big things, friends.

They were so thorough, they even wrapped up her dolls, stuffed animals, and slippers (leaving their mouths and noses open so they could "breathe"). Then they closed her door up tight, and hurried downstairs to watch for her.

Sometimes you just have to say "yes."

But they hardly made a dent in that dumb toilet paper supply.





Popular Posts

Archive

Show more