Rapunzel's Grumpy Days

Cora: Mom, when I grow up I'm going to have a job.

Me: I hope so. What kind of job do you think you'll have?

Cora: I don't know. Oh! Actually, I do know! I'll be Rapunzel at Disney world. Yep. That's what I'll do.

Me: That sounds like fun.

Cora: It will be. But, Mom, I'll have to smile all the time. You know they can fire you if you don't smile? You don't have to smile all the time, you know, but you can't be grumpy. I guess maybe it would be a really hard job, so I won't do that.

Me: Yeah. Everyone needs a good grumpy day once in a while, don't they?

Cora: Yeah. Me, I've been working hard to use up all my grumpy days before we go to Disney so I can just focus on having fun when we get there.

Me: That's a good idea--wait, does that mean you're going to be grumpy solid for the next few weeks?

Cora: No, don't be silly, Mom! I've just about used them up now. I've been grumpy all the time lately to try to use it up.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more