Fine Dining

Thomas and Cora have been playing "restaurant" all morning, making all kinds of gourmet meals for us. They've told us this is a fancy, free restaurant--my favorite kind. A few minutes ago I asked if I could order something I hadn't seen on the menu, and wondered if they could make me a bleu cheese macaroni dish. Thomas squinted his little eyes and said, "Um, ma'am, I'm not sure how to say this, but we tried it once and it was disgusting. So we don't serve that kind of food here. I'm terribly sorry. Is there anything else we can make for you? We do have great regular macaroni." I asked Cora if there was any way I could get a root beer with my meal. She wrinkled her nose and said, "Well, miss, we've tried it and it was really too spicy. I'm sorry, but we don't serve that here."

Even the fancy, free restaurants have their standards, I guess.

As a side note, she just brought me toast on a plate, smiled at me in her apron, and said, "Here you go, Hon."  The girl has a future in a diner....

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more