Convenient Amnesia

Thomas, crying at naptime:  Mom, I know I was out of bed.  But I wanted to get up and go to your bathroom and look at the magazine with the picture of the little boy with glasses and his dad who was wearing a Green Lantern shirt while they built a swingset together and when I stood up I forgot that your sink was there and I hit my head on it.

Me:  I'm sorry you hit your head, Bud.  I think you'll be OK.  The way you're crying tells me you're really tired, so you need to go back upstairs and go to sleep again.

Thomas:  But, Mom, I hit my head in this one spot and it made me forget things and I can't remember where the stairs are to get back up.

Me:  Right.  Well, turn around, hang a left, and I think you'll find the stairs and your way back to your room.

Where do they come up with these things?!

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more