Getting Occupied

Yesterday Cora, Micah, and I went to the store to look for some end-of-season clearance items.  We'd been shopping for quite a while by the time we got in line to check out.  Micah asked if I wanted him to take Cora for a walk to keep her occupied.  She overheard.

Cora: I want to be occupied.

Micah: Do you even know what it means?

Cora: No.  But I think I want that.

Micah: It means you want to have something to do to pass the time.

Cora: Yes!  I want that. Can I get occupied?

He took her for a walk and discovered that the store's arcade area had a free ride.  They spent their time waiting driving a race car and playing.  On the way home I asked what her favorite part of shopping had been.

Cora: Um, I think I loved getting occupied the most. Can we take my boys back there sometime soon?  I think they'd love to get occupied too.

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more