The Rebel

 Two days ago, Thomas had a harrowing experience. While riding over a bike ramp, his tire caught in a crack and he was flipped over the handlebars. He landed on his head in the grass (thankfully wearing a helmet), and it was Big News for a couple of days afterward. 

Hours after it happened, he was recounting the story to me again. 

"I rode up to the ramp full-speed, and before I knew it, I was in the air. It was--pardon my language, Mom--"

I held my breath, wondering what on earth would come next.

"--freaking scary."

My mouth must have twitched when I realized the worst he could do to describe a terrifying moment was to use the word freaking. It's not my favorite word, but it's a far cry from being "language." 

"I'm sorry, Mom. I mean, I know you're disappointed in me for using that kind of language. But I am in middle school now, and sometimes you just have to use stronger language."

May his rebellious streak always run so deep. 


Use of bad language online - Aisling Foley Marketing blog

Photo credit: https://aislingfoley.com/use-of-bad-language-online/

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more