Homeworking

I don't very often do homework when the kids are home (or at least awake), but since their fall break coincided with my study day this week, I'm doing just a little bit of work while they play. Invariably, when I'm holed up in my room studying, I hear a little scuffling at the door. Pretty soon, the corner of a paper will start to scoot toward me, usually followed by little fingers wiggling and trying to push the paper farther into the room. Actually, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've studied in my room and not received some kind of under-the-door love note from one of the kids...

Today's note was from Cora. "Can I come in for just a minute, Mama, to hug you and tell you about my picture?" I couldn't resist and scooped her up into my lap to hear all about how she "went a little sticker crazy, but every sticker has a story" and listened to her describe the picture she had made of us both as princesses, with pet dolphins, and dogs, and castles in the sky with stars for stepping stones.

This degree may take me a little longer than I'd hoped to complete, but I'm determined not to miss out on life in the midst of the studying. I hope the notes keep coming...



Popular Posts

Archive

Show more