Cora the Wordy

Shopping with Cora today was a laugh a minute. Where these kids come up with half of what they say, I'll never know! Here are a few of my favorites:

Cora: Mom, can we please get the "monster" (munster) cheese? It's my very favorite. I just can't live without it!



Cora: Mom, today at school we talked about what we did on spring break. One of my friends went to a cabin close to an aquarium. Another friend went to a beach, and Ms. Ziegler said she's going to bring in some seashells from her trip to the beach and she says they're beautiful! She even showed us pictures of the beach!

Me: How cool! Did they ask everyone what they did for spring break? Did they ask you?

Cora: Yep.

Me: And what did you tell them?

Cora: (shrugging) I told them we watched Lion King.




Cora: OK, Apes, let's go this way.

Me: You may not call me that. Try again.

Cora: OK, April, let's go this way.

Me: Wrong again. You have one more chance to get it right. You don't call me April.

Cora: (sighs) OK, May, let's go this way (how do you discipline a child like that with a straight face???).

Popular Posts

Archive

Show more